Thursday 18 March 2010

This is my front cover after a lot of changes. I will be uploading my screen shots soon to how i made my front cover. I felt that my magazine has done very well to appeal as a music magazine. My masthead is bold and 3d looking which makes it stand out well due to the big large blue font. I've used the microphone for an explanation mark it is like my logo as people has said king sounds masculine. I may consider putting the microphone on the 'I' or 'K' as a microphone normally has connotations to do with music which i felt relates to hip hop alot especially as they normally hold microphones while singing. I made references to a website 'KINGMUSIC.COM' which reflects my questionnaire as my audience spent alot of time on the internet. My cover lines I believe are very good as i used different font. This typography will allow coverlines to seem significant in there own way. My main image came out very well as i used black and white to make him seem mysterious. also the sunglasses which will link into my main article. I felt my tie in was good as it reflects my questionnaire as give-aways do attract audience. as events was very popular in my questionnaires 'TICKET GIVEAWAYS' . My main head line 'CORROSIVE TALKS '4 REAL' may convince the audience to believe that the interviews is very good. As it may get close to the artsit feelings. I decided to use colloquial language as this is link into hip hop as they don't speak proper english or writing amongst each other. I believe my puff is effective as it shows music highlighted in blue showing it weel as it stands out. This lets my audience know that it is a music magazine apart from the microphone. 'KING MUSIC KING KNOWLEDGE KING POWER' relates to the magazine well as the reader may think this magazine has alot of information. It also gives the magazine status as 'Knowledge' and 'power' let the reader know this. My price is based on questionnaire £3.00 is a reasonable price for a magazine which is new. As i had people who are interested in music but do not buy music magazine. I put 'NEW' in the corner meaning that it could give people an incentive to buy. To make people think this magazine is very excellent. I wanted my coverlines to relate to what a real magazine may look like interviews and quotes are very important 'TOP 50 tunes' is something a music magazine would have alongside floating quotes. Overall I believe my magazine looks alot like a real music magazine which is what i was aiming for.

No comments:

Post a Comment